cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support - not even 30 days?

Mark_Lynch_3
Level 3
We've been using a non Veritas solution for customers and just moved two servers to BE/10, one of them is running a retail version of 10, the other came with SBS2003.

I had a problem with the SBS2003 version stopping at medai over-write alerts until I ack them. The other server has the same settings - to overwrite all and does not hang.

When I called support they told me I could not get phone support, not even during the fist 30 days! I have a total of 473 servers with clients, and if this is the way you guys operate, no phone support during the first 30 days without a contract, then I won't be purchasing Veritas for their servers.
4 REPLIES 4

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

For contract related queries please contact our sales department.

Please see the link below:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yeah, the amount and quality of support provided by Veritas has dramatically declined over the past 5-8 years

As for your problem -

Make sure that the Overwrite Protection Period has expired for the media set(s) before they are due to be reused

Verfiy that the Protection Level is set to Full

if you are comfortable with it, you can set a registry tweak that will auto-respond to alerts. Personally, I wouldn't set it for the overwrite warning, but do use it for the "Remove Tape" alert

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

Dennis_van_Leur
Level 3
Almost no company has free support on there products. At the most company's you must buy a support contract.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As we have mentioend earlier Telephone support is a paid option.You can contact our sales department for the queries related to support contract.

However, regarding your issue that Backup Exec generates an alert and ask for the "Overwrite media" and you will have to manually respond to the alert,

Please followthe technote given in the earlier reply by Ken,

to automatically respond to the alerts.

Please keep us updating on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.