cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support options for Veritas software are outrageous

Level 2
You know this software is expensive for a simple backup solution and for that price there is no free support period. I am having a problem with scheduled jobs not starting and there isn't a whole lot of places that I could be doing something wrong.

I have downloaded and applied service packs and posted on this forum with no resolution. I have several customers using this software and in the future I am most definitely not recommending it. It is total BS that this isn't working on a new 2003 server. I need to know how I can return this software since I am not going to pay for a support incident to resolve a bug.

Regards

Steve H.
steveh10@alltel.net
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
What's out there is far worse, but it is your choice... And you are on a free support site, it is monitored by Veritas support reps as well as users.

As for your scheduled job not starting, the single most common issue is that a user creates a scheduled job they want to run today, but don't realize the time period begins at 11pm on the current day. On your job, check this time and also the effective date. A simple way to set things up is like I do, set the effective date a day or two in the past, and change the default time window for start time from 11pm to 1am. When you submit the job, it will immediately fire off and then after it completes it will be scheduled for the following day to run at 1am.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Please let us know what kind of Backup job operation are you trying to perform, please elaborate if it’s Local or Remote system backup or an Exchange or SQL backup?

As you have mentioned that the Backup job does not work properly as per the schedule, kindly refer the following technote links which might be helpful to troubleshoot the issue.

1) Title:- What to check when Backup Exec for Windows Servers jobs are not running according to schedule

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192098.htm

2) Title:- Device jobs remain in a "pending" or "Queued" state indefinitely and "scheduled" jobs do not run at their appropriate time.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191594.htm

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.