cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec BAckup exec 13 restore error

neldormr
Level 2

Hello

Problem restore database Sql one lot, my problem is  "overwrite the existing database " ???,  i´m not overwrite the existing database, i´m add one lot in data base.

Please check error

Job ended: sexta-feira, 2 de Dezembro de 2011 at 11:57:21 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000398 - To restore over an existing SQL server database, ensure that the option 'Overwrite the existing database' is enabled on the Restore Job Properties. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-920

4 REPLIES 4

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Do a SQL DB re-direct restore with a new name on same or different sql server.

-Create a restore job, Select the database to restore
-click Microsoft SQL Redirection.
-Enter the destination SQL server name(same or different)
-leave instance blank( if restoring to same one)
-Type in a new name for database to restore
-Start the restore job

Refer: Performing local and redirected restore of SQL 2000 & 2005 Databases with Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56694

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You cna not have two databases in the same instance with the same database name. So if there is database with same name then it needs to be overwritten.

If you want to restore to the same instance you will have to restore with some other name. Use the SQL Redirection option in Restore job to redirect to the same instance but with other name.

Thanks,

-Sush...

neldormr
Level 2

Hello

My problem solved.

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Please mark the post that helped you the most as the solution and give any others that helped  a "thumbs up"