Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup 2010 - Job bleibt hängen

JulianS
Level 2

Hallo liebe Symantec-Community,

folgendes Problem liegt vor:

Bei Symantec Backup Exec 2010 SP1 laufen die Backup-Jobs nur noch sporadisch. Auch die Fehler sind von unterschiedlicher Art.

Fall 1: Der Backup-Job wird erfolgreich bzw. mit Ausnahmen abgeschlossen.

Fall 2: Der Backup-Job wird als Status: Aktiv angezeigt und mit dem Auftragsstatus: In Warteschlange. Ab diesen Auftragsstatus läuft der Job nicht weiter (gewartet wurde hier schon bis zu 115 Stunden)

Fall 3: Der Backup-Job wird als Status: Aktiv angezeigt und mit dem Auftragsstatus: Läuft. Ab diesen Auftragsstatus läuft der Job nicht weiter und lässt sich auch nicht abbrechen. (Der Job wird nur beendet, wenn die Verbindung zum Medienserver unterbrochen wird.)

Zu Fall 2 und 3: Der Backup-Job geht unabhängig vom Sicherungsdatenträger (Externe SATA Festplatte), derzeitigen Backup-Job, derzeit gesicherte Datei/Daten/Partitionen bzw. zu sichernden Server  in den Auftragsstatus „in Warteschlange/Läuft“ über. Es wird jedoch eine nicht genau definierbare Größe an Daten gesichert.

Gesichert wird ein Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit - Server (auf dem Symantec Backup Exec 2010 SP1 läuft) und eine VMWare.

Wir bitten um Unterstützung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Julian S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Julian,

Couple of things before I get to your questions:

1. if this is BE 2010 R1, then you need to look at upgrading to BE 2010 R3 as this fixed a number of issues with the 2 previous versions. You can get it on the link below:

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

You would then need to install the latest SP (SP4 if I remember correctly) from LiveUpdate, and then run it again to install any outstanding patches before push-installing these to any remote servers you have.

2. If the media server is a VM, then this is strictly not supported if you are backing up to a tape drive. I suspect you get limited support if backing up to a HDD.

To your questions:

1. You can get this message if you don't activate Advanced Open File Option. Check and see if this is activated, and if not, turn it on and run a backup again.2

2. You get the Queued message if there is no overwritable/appendable media in a tape drive/library, or disk space on a B2D folder. You need to check your Append/OPP settings for this, or make sure you have available media.

3. Check the Alerts tab to see if there are any pending alerts.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Julian,

Couple of things before I get to your questions:

1. if this is BE 2010 R1, then you need to look at upgrading to BE 2010 R3 as this fixed a number of issues with the 2 previous versions. You can get it on the link below:

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

You would then need to install the latest SP (SP4 if I remember correctly) from LiveUpdate, and then run it again to install any outstanding patches before push-installing these to any remote servers you have.

2. If the media server is a VM, then this is strictly not supported if you are backing up to a tape drive. I suspect you get limited support if backing up to a HDD.

To your questions:

1. You can get this message if you don't activate Advanced Open File Option. Check and see if this is activated, and if not, turn it on and run a backup again.2

2. You get the Queued message if there is no overwritable/appendable media in a tape drive/library, or disk space on a B2D folder. You need to check your Append/OPP settings for this, or make sure you have available media.

3. Check the Alerts tab to see if there are any pending alerts.

Thanks!

JulianS
Level 2

Hi CraigV,

sorry for the late answer/solution mark, but i were really busy last 2 weeks.

Thanks for your answer. 

"...You would then need to install the latest SP (SP4 if I remember correctly) from LiveUpdate..." after them, it works correctly.

Best regards,

Julian S

CraigV

Sure thing Julian, glad to have helped!

Thanks!