cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 13.0

TechExpert
Level 2

Hi all

I have installed one media server & I pushed a remote agent to two server in my network (DC & ADC ). But when i tried to backup the System state of those server, i am getting the following error 

" ADC Daily Backup -- The job failed with the following error: The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors. "" Final er

ror: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors. "

we are using Symantec Backup Exec 2010  ver 13.0 with SP1 & all hotfixes.  I have tested in my network but i didn't find any problem. i tried scheduling this backup in night when there will not be an users in N/W. Please Help. Thanks in Advance.

Rgds

TechExpert

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Can you backup normal files from the ADC?  On the ADC, check that the BE remote agent service is started.  Also, check that you can ping from the ADC to the media server and vice-versa.

After installing SP1 and the hotfixes, did you push out the remote agents again?

TechExpert
Level 2

Yes i have pushed the Remote agent after applying the SP1 & Hotfixes. but getting the same error.

Ping is also working fine between the servers.

TechExpert
Level 2

Yes i have pushed the Remote agent after applying the SP1 & Hotfixes. but getting the same error.

Ping is also working fine between the servers.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...and you're able to browse that server via the selection list?

Can you check that a firewall isn't enabled on that server, and if so, that the required ports to run the agent properly. Also make sure that an AV isn't blocking the services from running correctly!

TechExpert
Level 2

Its a Domain controller so I can't disable firewall on that server & i have tried backup after disableing the AV services but the same error is there..!

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi TechExpert,

Can you try selecting those servers from Favorite Resources?

Thanks..

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...OK, to eliminate the firewall, check the TN below...it lists all the ports used by BE 11d and above. Make sure the required ports for the RAWS agent are open on that DC...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49563