cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 speichert Exchange Emails nicht

bfwad
Level 2

Guten Tag

Wir verwenden auf einem Windows Small Business Server 2008 mit Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP3 und allen Updaterolls die Backup Exec 2010 Small Business Server Suite.

Das Backup funktioniert einwandfrei, Daten können gesichert und wiederhergestellt werden. Das einzige Problem ist die Exchange Datenbank.

Die BackupMethode vom Exchange wurde auf Vollständig - Datenbank & Protokolle eingerichtet und GRT ist aktiviert.

Die Sicherung läuft auf Band jedoch wurde testweise auch ein Backup 2 Disk Job eingerichtet.

Das Problem ist, dass das Backup Erfolgreich ohne Fehler abschliesst. Im Auftragsprotokoll sieht es so aus als ob alles einwandfrei gesichert wurde. Aber beim Wiederherstellen sind die Exchange Konten leer. Mann kan die einzelnen Postfächer beim Wiederherstellen anklicken und öffnen, jedoch sind im Posteingang etc. nur die beiden Mails welche der Exchange bei einem neuen Konto sendet drin (die Begrüssungsmails).

Das Problem tritt mit Band und B2D auf. Das Backup Konto wurde eingerichtet und funktioniert auch. (Habe das Konto im BE überprüfen lassen).

Laut der Datenmenge des Backups sollten die Mails eigentlich gesichert sein, jedoch siehe ich die beim Wiederherstellen nirgends.

Der Server ist auf aktuellem Stand, alle Windows Updates, Exchange Updates und BE Updates sind installiert. VSS ist auf automatisch wählen eingestellt.

Hoffe das mir jemand weiterhelfen kann.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bfw_ad
Level 2

I solved the problem now.

I created all Exchange_mailboxes new and connect them to the users. Now the new mailboxes are backuped. I think there was a problem with the permissions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're using AOFO, turn it off. It isn't recommended to use AOFO when backing up DBs...rather let Backup Exec use VSS for the snapshots.

You can also read my article below and try staging to disk first, and then restoring from there.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

bfwad
Level 2

I was using AOFO. I disabled it but it doesnt solve the Problem.

VSS is activated in the Exchange Options.

I also create a new B2D Job which only Backups the First Storage Group and the Public Storage Group from Exchange, but i have the same error.

I can see the mailboxes, but if i expand them, the Folders (Incoming, Outgoing, Trash etc) are blank.

The Jobs finishd again without errors and the B2D File fills 500 MB like the Database from Exchange.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

OK then...check the TN below and make sure you comply with the requirements for backing up, and restoring, Exchange 2007:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH51740

EDIT: The TN below states that even though you see 0kb, your backups are OK:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59604

Might be worth your while just to try a restore and see what happens. Do this after changing the temporary staging location as I mentioned above.

bfwad
Level 2

OK now I found out something.

I made a new User called exchange_backup and did all the properties for this user like its listed in the link which you send.

I did a new Backup with this user. If i want to do a Restore now, i can restore the Mails vom the mailbox of exchange_backup but all other Mailboxes are like before. They only contain the "Welcom-Mail" from the Exchange.

Is there an authority-problem with this Mailboxes?

Might be worth your while just to try a restore and see what happens. Do this after changing the temporary staging location as I mentioned above.

What do you mean with this? Should i do a Restore from the whole Exchange-DB? if i do that and the mails arent backuped, does BE overwrite my Exchange DB? If it does, then my DB will be blank, wont it?

bfw_ad
Level 2

I solved the problem now.

I created all Exchange_mailboxes new and connect them to the users. Now the new mailboxes are backuped. I think there was a problem with the permissions.