cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec CPS 11d leeching memory

Computerdienst
Level 2

Dear all,

I'm using the CPS 11d on a Windows 2003 Server 64-bit. I have 4 GB of memory installed, which should be far suffiscient, as there are no Exchange Servers or SQL Servers installed.

On friday I had a look at the Performance Settings in the Task Manager and was shocked - there were only 50 MB of memory left. I couldn't find any application that used that much of memory so I tired poolmon.exe.

Poolmon.exe showed a strange process using MANY allocated memory (a 9(!)-digit number). You can see this in the attached screenshot. My investigations proofed that this is a driver/process by Symantec.

Is there any reason why this is happening? I really have to get rid of this problem. Normaly - after a reboot - I have 3 GB of phsyical memory available.

Regards,
Christof

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If on 11D you are kind of using version 1 of CPS and it is possible that newer versions solve this condition.

Be aware that CPS is now a discontinued option in the very latest BE version however.

Computerdienst
Level 2

Hello Colin,

Thank you for your reply. To be honest, in the past I always had some issues (various different issues) with this product, so I also tried the LiveUpdate function. Sadly there are no updates available.

But can you at least confirm by the look at the attached image, that the physical memory "disappeared" because of CPS?

At least I could be a 100 % sure that this is the problem.