Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec back-up Exec Exchange archiving

FrederikvdB
Level 2

HI,

I just got two questions regarding BE Exchange Archiving:

1) Is there a way to get the website to use SSO? At the moment our users have re-enter there username and passwords.

2) We have one user who has imported a bunch of e-mails from an old pst file into his mailbox those messages however do not get archived even when they are more then 2 years old (BE is set to archive at 6 months). Other users who use the same method are not experiencing any problems.

Thanx in advance 

Regards,

Frederik

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

2) We have one user who has imported a bunch of e-mails from an old pst file into his mailbox those messages however do not get archived even when they are more then 2 years old (BE is set to archive at 6 months). Other users who use the same method are not experiencing any problems.

If the backups of these emails is taken then it should be able to archive it. Backup Exec will not archive emails before they have been backed up.

Thanks,

-Sush...

FrederikvdB
Level 2

Sush,

Back-ups have been made, multiple times now but still it will not archive the messages.

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

You can get website by install "Be -retrieve" (part of BE install ISO)

User can retrieve there e-mails by loggin on the same website.

Can you double check in BE restore window to make sure can see those e-mails

if has been backed up.

Also try to move such mails to a new folder under inbox and backup again.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If full EV (Enterprsuie Vault) can do Single SIgn on then it's possible that the BE option might be able to however you might want ask if Full EV can do it in the EV forums as if they can't then BE won't be able to either

Your e-m,ail from PST have probably been timstamped with the date of the import niot the date thye were fist e-mailed - which woudl mean you have to wait 6 month (note I am assumimg your 2 years was from original e-mail date and not from import date, apologies if I have this wrong)