cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec backup exec 2014 Exchange restore Restore - Exchange Database

robosull
Level 4

I have been trying to complete a restore for a Exchange Server  backup on both the mailbox and individual level have not been successful.  I have received different errors or different results.

I would like to know if there is a way, to move the following staging directory "$Backup Exec Default Data$" from the "C" drive to a different volume/Drive that has more then enough space to handle the staging data dump?  I have tried the following suggestion to no avail.

1. The Windows Registry fix which forces the "OnHostTemp" value to force the writing to a different drive/volume and it was a no go
  2. I have changed the GRT settings as picture below:

GRT Settings.PNG

I read a tech notes that I could use BEUtility and move the "$Backup Exec Default Data$" from it's default location to a different location, is this true?

Please, advise

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

what errors are occurring?

robosull
Level 4

On the restoring the mailbox DB it's self there aren't any errors.  I'm just unable to re-direct the "$Backup Exec Default Data$" staging area to a different drive/volume to complete the restore.

I'm restoring 400 gig Mailbox file and the "$Backup Exec Default Data$" folder that is created during the backup continuously routes itself to the "C" drive where there isn't enough space to accommodate the growth of the DB.  I have attempted the following:  changed the registry settings to force the "OnHostTemp" to a different drive/volume and I have also modified GRT settings to point away from the "C" drive and that hasn't worked.

As far as the individual mailbox restore, I have attached this error message:

Job ended: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 at 4:09:17 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0001204 - The path on the Backup Exec server for staging temporary restore data when restoring individual items must be on a local NTFS volume on the Backup Exec server. Check the job log for details. Final error category: Resource Errors .  The local volume is both NTFS and it is a local volume to the media server.

Thansk,

lmosla
Level 6

Is this a restore from tape?  Have you tried to run a duplicate job from tape to disk (a disk location with plenty of space) and hen run the restore job from the back up set.  

and see if this helps http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191622

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you create a new restore job after updating the GRT staging location ? If not, then the existing restore job will continue to use the default staging location.