cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec or Hardware propietary driver for Tape Drive?

Notarino
Level 2

Hi all,

My server is running Windows 2003 and Backup Exec 12d. There's also a Dell Power Vault 124T robotic library connected to it. When I started to receive missed jobs I updated BE to 12d. The jobs worked again but a really slow job rate (3MB/Min).

A friend told me that he solved this applying the latest Dell Tape Drive driver. Actually it worked and the rate increased again to 800MB/min.

However, last week the jobs missed again and showed this error:

"e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed"

Reading some Symantec articles I increased the time in the "and no later than" field to let a 3 hours interval. But the issue still persists and the jobs don't even start. No DST change has occured either.

This is driving me crazy cause no job has completed since last week.

Do you think is better to apply again the Symantec Drivers or it could be caused for another reason?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
On earlier versions, BackupExec would sometimes seem to internally corrupt it's database.  You can try deleting the selection list and job and creating both from scratch