cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied to Server 2008 Domain Controller

jwshipm
Level 2

We have upgraded our network to Server 2008 (64-bit) and have upgraded to version 12.01 SP1 of Backupexec.

We have successfully installed the backup/media server and the remote agents.

When creating a backup job and creating the selections list and trying to select the Domain controller,

we receive a pop-up stating access is denied.  We are using the local system account for the remote agent service on the Domain controller and have tried the domain admin account, we get the same results.

We have created a new domain admin account and still get the same access is denied.  We have a Backup Domain controller (running server 2003) and we have no problem accessing that one or any of the other 11 servers (Server 2008).

I have tried all of the suggested solutions on this forum and the Internet tech support forums for the access is denied problem with no luck.

There are no error messages posted in either the backup server or the domain controller that indicate a problem.  The firewall on the Domain controller has an exception for the Backup Exec remote agent.

I have tried with the firewall disabled and get the same error.  I have reinstalled the remote agent.

Nothing seems to be fixing this problem. 

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Jerry

1 REPLY 1

tkim
Level 2

not sure if you resolved this already or not but here's some input.

i just got off the phone with symantec support and we're not quite sure what got the issue fixed but this is what i think resolved it.

we changed the logon credentials for the backupexec services on the media server to my personal account, which has domain admin rights.  we created an account within backupexec and made it the default.  we successfully expanded the selections content on the 2008 domain controller.  I then switched the credentials back on the services, restarted the services, removed my backupexec login account and tested it again, i was able to successfully expand the selections list.

you need to leave the remote agent to the LSA account on the 2008 server.  it seems that changing the service account to something different and then back, allowed the communication to happen. 

Message Edited by tkim on 09-16-2008 08:34 AM
Message Edited by tkim on 09-16-2008 08:34 AM