cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic backup: Incremental jobs sometimes become very large

Christian_Veste
Level 3
Hello,

I have a synthetic backup that behaves strage, if i set it up with a small amount of files (1 GB) there seams to be no big problems. But when i use it on the files we want to use (5069613 files in 790806 directories, 473015172041 bytes) it on the incremental jobs sometimes become very large. If we check for files that has the Archive attribute they are all together 2-3 GB every day, but the incremental jobs become as large as the synthetic jobs are.

Often the incremental job works right after a synthetic job.

Running Windows 2003 SP1, Backup Exec ver 10.1 rev 5629
If you say that i should update to SP1 i would like to have an explanation why since i can only se security updates in it.
22 REPLIES 22

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Will you try to create two different backup folders for test purpose for the incremental and baseline and synthetic backups?? And observe the results and let us know!

Regards, Ashutosh NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Christian_Veste
Level 3
Do you mean backup 2 disk folders? we already have 2 separate backup 2 disk folders.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you installed the hotfix as mentioned by Mr Frank Dohin.
Please update us on the same.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.