cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery from DVD / CD

Georg
Level 2

When restoring a SBS server with Backup Exec 10.0d RecoveryDisk the software looks only when restoring a tape drive (which does not exist) and then breaks off, even though the backup is on a DVD or on USB disk or hard drive.

Ask for assistance as backup of the disc can be restored and not from tape drive?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm I vaguely remember that IDR support for B2D locations was added in one of the versions of Backup Exec - I such it is possible that 10D might be too early to be supported by IDR for this type of storage.

I'll see if I can find more details on when this was added.

EDIT: I was correct - I found the Backup Exec 11.0 release information and it specifically states that "IDR now supports restoring from Backup-to-Disk folders. As such you need to use a newer version.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm I vaguely remember that IDR support for B2D locations was added in one of the versions of Backup Exec - I such it is possible that 10D might be too early to be supported by IDR for this type of storage.

I'll see if I can find more details on when this was added.

EDIT: I was correct - I found the Backup Exec 11.0 release information and it specifically states that "IDR now supports restoring from Backup-to-Disk folders. As such you need to use a newer version.