cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State Registry Hive Files Skipped

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
I am using BackupExec 9.1.4691 to backup a particular server's system state and it keeps skipping the Registry Hives. The remote agent is functioning correctly and the AOFO is installed on the server. We have tried rebooting the server to try and correct the issue, but it does not solve the problem. The System State portion of the backup has been separated from the rest of the server as its own job (as suggested by Veritas forum tech). Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
I have added the IP Address of our backup server to the hosts file of the target server and vice versa. All of the physical HDDs have enough free space and have been defragmented. Are there any other steps to try to solve the issue? Thanks.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Does the backup job give any error message?
if yes please paste the exact error message.

Thanks,

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
The error message is:
Unable to open the item \\SERVERNAME\System?State\Registry\software - skipped.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please free up some space on the drive where it is giving the error and then verify the result.

Thanks,

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
All of the local hard disk drives on the server have plenty of free space.

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
I am still unable to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions regarding this? Thanks.

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Is the account BE is using to backup data a member of your servers local administrator group ? If not you could add it to the group and see if this resolves your problem.

Regards
A van der Boom

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
The account used to backup the server is already a member of the local administrators group on the server.