cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State Verify Fails

MB-Tech
Level 2
Partner

Brand new Windows 2008 R2 Server W/ Backup Exec 2010 R3, backed up perfectly the first run, then every run since we get a failed backup:

The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Active Directory, A
ctive Directory Application Mode (ADAM) or Active Directory Lightweight 
Directory Services (AD LDS) database and transaction logs ntds was successful.
V-79-57344-65247 - A failure occured reading an object.
Warning:  "System?State\System Files\System Files" is a corrupt file.  This file cannot verify.

Error Code:  E000FEDF

The Byte count is good, and this is the only thing that failes. However it is freaking out the customer to see a System State failure every day.

Here is the link provided by the error code, I can't get it to work on either the server or my workstation:

http://ced.symantec.com/entt?product=BE&version=13.0.5204&module=eng-systemstate-backup&error=V-79-5...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MB-Tech
Level 2
Partner

Wrote a script to kill McAfee services during the backup and got a clean run last night, will monitor, thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Couple of things to check:

1. Are you running AOFO, and if not, turn it on and try running just a backup of that server's System State.

2. Are you running an AV on that server? If so, make sure that it isn't blocking access to the System State, or preventing BE from running its services properly.

Thanks!

MB-Tech
Level 2
Partner

Wrote a script to kill McAfee services during the backup and got a clean run last night, will monitor, thanks.

be-nugget
Level 5

I have previously used information in this article (which references McAfee) to help put the relevant exclusions in place, will apply to other AV products as well, might help.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68701