cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemState backup errors with BE 12.5 SP4

Didi
Level 4

Hello folks,

we are using Symantec Backup Exec v12.5 Rev.2213 SP4 together with Remote Agents for Windows and Exchange Agents.

The backup of the SystemState of the local backup server always reports the following...

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\hewlett-packard\cci\combiver.dll is not present on the snapshot.

Well, I admit it is a Hewlett Packard server, but the mentioned file and directory doesn't exist! How can I get rid of this error message?

The job is reported as 'Completed with exceptions'.

Any advice? Do you need more info?

Regards,

Didi

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As a work around create a text file at c:\program files\hewlett-packard\cci

with the name as "combiver.dll" ( create the directories too if they don't exist)

Didi
Level 4

That would be an option, but a very bad one ;)

AmolB

combiver.dll must be a dll of some application which has been uninstalled but the traces

still exist in your server. If you dont like the above workaround then  you will have to

remove all the entries of the application to which the above dll belongs to.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Didi,

If that entry no longer exists, go into your selection list, and deselect the entry. If you have all of Program Files in, deselect that, and then reselect it for instance.

This would, in effect, "refresh" the selection list.

Alternatively, change to text view and remove the entry if it is explicitly shown there, or simply put in an exclusion for it. This way, BE will ignore it.

Craig

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

I also had this problem.  According to the Symantec knowledge-base you can ignore the issue because it just means that VSS thinks a file should be there, but it isn't anymore.

The most likely cause was that an install\uninstall did not fully clean up after itself and left a reference to the file(s)

The "Workaround" provided by AmolZeroCool did helped in my case.

Hope this helps...

Didi
Level 4

Well, as it's the SystemState area, there is no select/unselect option for specific files. I unselected and saved that already, selected SystemState again and saved again but without success.

I suppose I will have to clean the registry instead :(

Regards

Didi

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi,

Solution is

1 You can follow the link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH60207

2 Also is there any antivirus like trend micro office scan may be disable that before the backup run & see if that works

3 Also try just to make new job for system state & also if any antivirus please disable it & see

AmolB

Any update on the issue.