cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tandberg TS400 loads as a stand alone drive

jkr285
Level 2
Using BUE12.5 sp4 and have tried recomendatin of removing and using wizard to install drive. Each time services are stopped/started the drive automatically loads as a stand alone. Can't move to proper robotics libraries as wizard suggests.
8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the Windows Device Manager and see whether the library is listed as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver.  If it is, go to the BE installation directory and use tapeinst to install the library.

jkr285
Level 2

Device is listed as Tandberg TS400 SCSI Sequential Device.  The librares are listed as the same, but have the red circle x and are always listed multiple times.  I actually have two of these, if both are turned on at reboot of the server one will intall one as a stand alone the other will show as a robotic but will show as offline.  Changing to online does not make the drive usable.

I have been able to get the drives to load in the past by deleting from BUE, deleting the device under MS device manager and deleting the associated libraries. 

If I delete the device in BUE, it does not show as an availbe device when trying to add as a robitic.  If I delete then stop/start services and close BUE as suggested in a forum note, the divice is detected on starting BUE and adds as a stand alone.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi

I think It is a driver issue.
Ffor the the "Medium enxchange" I agree with PKH it should be Microsoft drivers.
Open the Windows Device Manager and remove the medium exchanger and install using the microsoft driver.
For the Robotic librery , u must isntall the proper driver . Download the driver from the below link:-

http://www.tandbergdata.com/us/pt/service/documentation/summaries/dlt-tape-library/

If may happen that the isntallation may not be smooth.

U need to go through the Windows Device Manager and R-Click the device and update the driver , then select the drivers manually.
Please , do update the result.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

If that worked fine then need to check the density of the tape to be used in the backup exec.
check if it works with dlt or any thing else..
If this solutin really worked please mark this as solution, It will be a great thanks from my side.....

jkr285
Level 2
Checked and using current tandberg drivers for device and updated driver for medium changer.  On reboot, i notice that under libraries  there is a red x next to the device and under properties it says the drive is not present in the library.  Drives are not listed under any of the sections of removable storage.

Drives show as online and working properly in both the device manager and medium changer.

I have two tandberg drives and upon checking BUE, one loaded as a stand alone device the other as a robotic library but shows as offline.  If I place it online and try to inventory I get and error that the device physical volume library robot not found.

I have tried to turn off one drive and reboot but comes up as a stand alone drive in BUE.  I have ran the wizard in BUE and cant move the drive to robtic library.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you have 2 tape drives in your library, you need ot purchase a Library Expansion Option (LEO) licence.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6
As u sid there was a driver that is showing in red cross.. but as per ur last post u said one is working but other is not..
Please, take snap shot of the Microsoft Device Manager (expanding the "Medium changer", Other device"; tape ";  Librery").\
Along , please  provide the snap shot of the BUE 's device manager.

This will help us to make the picture you wants to say.

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   
What library is this?