cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Libray not detecting on SAN SSO Server

alinawaz
Level 5

Hi All

we have two media servers which are connected with Tap Library by SAN switch and on third server which is connected on LAN i installed backup exec 2010 and i installed SAN SSO as primary but in devices pool it is not showing any tap. can anyone please tell me what i need to do.

On third server we are currently using HP Data Protector 6.0 for backup and it is showing tapes in device pool and working but we want to use Symantec Backup Exec 2011, we installed backup exec 2010 on same server and SAN SSO Primary but it is not detecting tape library and not showing any tap.

can anyone please tell me what could be the problem

Thanks

agha 

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you run the Device Configuration Wizard ?
See here, specialy the part "Configure robotic library drives"

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO11882

alinawaz
Level 5

Thanks

yes i already ran the device configuration wizards and i selected configure robotic library drives and its done but still not showing any tap in device pool. i want to tell you again that this server is not connected with robotic library or SAN FC switch this server is on LAN and i installed BKExec and SAN SSO to access robotic library will it work?

because HP Data Protection is working on same machine and showing robotic library and taps but i dont know about backupexec SAN SSO how it will detect.

Thanks

Agha

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the tape library is not connected directly to the server or if the server is not connected to the SAN switch to which the Tape Library is connected then I do not see this to work at all.

Are you able to see the Library in the Device Manager of Windows OS. The first requirement is that Operating System should be able to see it and then only Backup Exec will be able to detect it. So check the Device Manager if you are able to see the library connected properly there.

(Not sure how the other software is able to see it)

Thanks,

-Sush...