cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Redundancy

Jason_Alexander
Level 2
Will Backupexec 10 automatically go to the next tape in my robotic library if a tape has CRC errors which cause the current backup to fail? I couldnt figure out a way to do it in 9, was wondering if it was possible in 10. We use many tapes and we get failures which need to be manually restarted when a tape encounters a CRC.

thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
There are error-handling rules that you can apply-

Within the job log, right-mouse click on an existing failed job with a CRC error (or wait until such a failure occurs) and choose 'error handling....'
From there, you can choose to re-try the job again after a specified interval.
However, it is likely that the same tape would be used again by re-running the job.

An ideal rule would be to place the tape into the retired media pool after a CRC error was encountered, but Backup Exec does not have that capability.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

We hope the above response answers your questions. If you have further queries do revert.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jason_Alexander
Level 2
Thanks a million! I will give this a try!