cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape autoloader help

Yanick
Level 2
Dear all,

I new user to Veritas Backup Exec 11d. I'm currently evaluating that software, and until then I having hard time understaing how the media are managed.

I have an 8 slot Quantun Autoloader 3 installed on my server. I put 7 data medias and one cleaning tape. Using the barcode label, I format all 7 medias. I create a Media Set called "Week #1". I set this media set as follow:

5 days append time
7 days protected time for overwriting.

The job I've created specify to append to media, overwrite if....

I start couple of job to make the first media (in slot 1) full. But, when the tape reach the end, instead of continuing on the media that was on Slot #2, the backup to insert a media or magazine (I don't remember). Why it asked me this? There is 6 other free media without anything on it.... Is I'm doing something wrong? To make the backup continue, I had to move the tape in slot 2 from Week #1 media set to the scratch media set and then it takes it.

So is somebody can give me good hints about this I will really appreciate it.

Regards,
Yanick
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Did you move the tapes to the target media set after labeling them?  If so , that's your problem.  You need to let BackupExec move them from scratch to the target set when they are opened