cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape library - Licence warning

partial_hyper-v
Level 4

hi,

I've installed BE 2010 R2 on WS 2008 R2 and I'm getting a licence warning. I've a Dell Powervault TL2000 with 2 LTO-4 tape drives. I've disabled one of these drives on each server, but I'm still getting the licence warning (LEO).

Backup Exec EventId 58053, Device Error:

'Library Expansion Option Violation. This server is licensed to support 0 tape drives in robotic libraries.'

The host-server is member of a failover-cluster, so I can't install the symantec drivers because the are unsigned.

What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Well this is a known issue in BE2010, Refer to the below link

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129085

Try to upgrade to BE2010 R2.

partial_hyper-v
Level 4

I'm already using BE 2010 R2 and it has worked great with BE 2010 :(

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

How many LEO license do you have

As with base license of symantec you get one LEO free which support N number of standalone tape drive & library with single tape drive . As in your case you have 2 tape drive in library you will require an additional LEO license for this

Thank You

partial_hyper-v
Level 4

Each of these 2 host server should use only one drive of the library. I have purchased two BE 2010 R2 licenses.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

So you have one library that you are trying to share between two media servers?

Are you using the Shared Storage Option, or trying to direct connect to both servers?

partial_hyper-v
Level 4

I'm trying to connect directly to the library. I've bought, but not activated the shared storage option, because I had problems in 2010 R1. 

partial_hyper-v
Level 4

any idea? please help!enlightened