cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapes suddenly are full and BE10.d asking for second tape to complete backup

Nutkin
Level 2
I'm running Backup Exec 10.d on a Windows 2003 Server SP1. I'm using Ultrium 2 200/400 tapes.

I have always run full backups of non-system files, exchange boxes, etc. every weeknight with a rotation of 10 tapes. (Set 1 Mon to Fri, and set2 Mon to Fri)Typical backup could be anywhere from 260GB to 270GB each night.

Recently the backup would not fit on one tape. But only for particular days (Tues, Wed. Thurs. of "set 2".)

Since they were new tapes out of the same box, I thought perhaps they were faulty so replaced them with more new tapes of a different brand. But turns out it didn't make any difference.

Yesterday I removed enough to get the full backup down to 245GB but last night same thing. It backed up about 239GB and then said "loading media". As long as I do load the media, my backups are successful.

What could be causing the tapes to become full??? Normally I have over 20GB remaining on the same tape.

I'm running a backup tonight of system files and hoping that perhaps some logs might clear or something.

I have not changed the job, or any settings.

Thanks!
J.
0 REPLIES 0