cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Credentials for BKUPEXEC and Microsoft SQL Server Instances FAILS

alplechaty
Level 3

I recently noticed that the backup of my WSUS server and my Backup Exec 2012Server when i test credentials they fail for the following.

On the WSUS server

Microsoft SQL Server Instances Fails

On the Backup Exec 2012 Server

Microsoft SQL Server Instances Fails

BKUPEXEC Fails

The login account specified is a part of the loacl administrators group. It works for all credentials tests except the SQL Databases. Both server are utilizing the default databases created by the Backup Exec or WSUS installs. Thanks for any assistanc ein advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alplechaty
Level 3

I may have found my own answer feedback is appreciated to confirm. In order to backup SQL databases including the BKUPEXEC database I need to have the Agent for Applications and Databases license on the media server correct?

I do nto have this license listed under my license information. Could this be why teh credentials fail when i test them on the SQL databases? Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

alplechaty
Level 3

I may have found my own answer feedback is appreciated to confirm. In order to backup SQL databases including the BKUPEXEC database I need to have the Agent for Applications and Databases license on the media server correct?

I do nto have this license listed under my license information. Could this be why teh credentials fail when i test them on the SQL databases? Thanks again.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Run an actual backup job to see if the job fails due to credentials or not. Many a times, the resource credentials test will fail for SQL, however backup runs fine.

EDIT**

Yes, the license is required (or rather the Agent for Applications & Databased should be installed) else you can install it in trial.