cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup Exec Job Engine Service is not Responding.

Not applicable
This is the message I get when I try to do a backup.

If someone could help I sure would appreciate it

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Thank you for submitting this support query. Please let us know, if this happens for all the backups. Due you see any Event logs logged in the event viewer?

As a preliminary step of troubleshooting, we suggest you to apply Backup Exec Service Pack 1.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275248

Hope, this should resolve the issue.

Dipti_Chinchole
Level 6
Please update us on the status of the issue.

Not applicable
We are also getting this error on all of our jobs. When I restart the service it goes away for a day or more but then all the jobs fail again. This also puts all the jobs on hold, until the service is restarted.

The only thing I found in the event logs were:

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:34113
Date:3/28/2005
Time:10:10:09 PM
User:N/A
Computer:AIRNAS
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "AIRNAS") (Job: "Mail Monday2") Mail Monday2 -- The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

I have already downloaded and installed SP1 and all the latest patches but this has not changed the outcome.

JJester
Level 3
Have you upgraded all your agents to 10 agents? I had major problems with stability on my 10.0 server until all got all my agents to 10. (The backups work and the software doesn't complain, but the job engine would stop at random times when backing up various servers)

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
I got this problem also tomorrow morning. All jobs didn´t run and for every jopb i have the same message:
..."The Backup Exec Job Engine Service is not Responding. ..."

I saw, that the backup exec job engine service was down. after a restart of all services it seems to be all right. but what i also saw is, that the whole catalog was empty before i resart the services, after that its everything there again. and the protocols of the fault jobs are also empty, i get an message if i doubleclick an fault-run-job that it couldn´t be generated.
however, i will test it now if everything rans normal...