cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp on automatic notifications off by an hour

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
I noticed that all the job notifications that are sent out automatically from Veritas is time stamping the email an hour earlier than the actual time on the server. The email doesn't generate until the job finishes and our email server indicates the correct received date/time, yet when you open the email, it indicates the time to be an hour earlier than actual. The server has the right time and it's been rebooted since daylight savings time change. I assume this problem started after the time change for daylight savings but I can't figure out where the time stamp is coming from, because it's not reading the server time stamp. I also noticed after daylight savings that several scheduled job start times were modified to start an hour later that originally scheduled and I had to go back and fix all of those. Is there a known problem with daylight savings and how do we fix this?
4 REPLIES 4

Kyle_Wilson
Not applicable
I found that since the day light savings time switch our weekly jobs that usually run on Friday's at 11:59 PM are starting on the Friday morning now and running again at the time scheduled at 11:59 PM. Don't know if there is something that is causing this since the daylight savings time switch? Really puzzling. I have discussed this with others and found that to fix this you have to rebuild all your templates and start over.

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
Can someone from Veritas confirm this? I would consider this to be a bug that should be fixed! Daylight savings occurs every year - there should be no reason we should run into these problems! Please advise of a fix ASAP.

Thanks,
Cindy

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- You can try reconfiguring the setting and try out again.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
What do you mean reconfigure the settings? What settings? And why should any modifications have to be made? Adjusting for daylight savings should occur automatically - we shouldn't have to intervene. Please advise.
Thanks,
Cindy