cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Logs backed up hourly....

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

Hello...I am using Backup Exec 2012.

I want to backup transaction logs every hour for 8 hours during the day starting at 7:00am. 

In Backup Exec 2010, there was a simple checkbox that allowed a config like this to be made quickly and easily. I do not see this simple option in Backup Exec 2012.

Presently, when I configure these types of jobs, I find myself needing to create 1 Incremental to get the "Differential". And then I find myself needing to create 8 more Incrementals (and selecting the T-Log option). And each Incremental I select the time for it to kick off.

Isn't there an easier way? (to alleviate having to create an Incremental for each hour I want to run a job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

this is a known issue in 2012 where we removed the availability window that was used with the hourly repeat (an oversight on our part)

At the moment all you can do is various forms of 'clunky' workaround - sorry for the inconvenience

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

this is a known issue in 2012 where we removed the availability window that was used with the hourly repeat (an oversight on our part)

At the moment all you can do is various forms of 'clunky' workaround - sorry for the inconvenience

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

Thank you for your reply.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

My article below provides a easier work around than what you are doing

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/be-2012-run-job-certain-hourly-intervals-between-certain-hours-day