cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction log backups are not being performed

GaryLeung
Level 3

My SQL db backup is completing with this exception: 

V-79-40960-37914 - Database DBNAME is configured to maintain transaction logs.  Transaction log back...

It's doing this for 4 databases. I checked my transaction log backup job and under Selections, I noticed those 4 databases were not checked. I checked them all off and figured that would be the end of it but the next backup still threw that warning again telling me that log backups are not being performed.

here's a screenshot the log backup selection list

backup.png

As you can see, those 4 databases are selected.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Gary,

Check the 2 TNs below and see if they help you:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126063

www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137587

Thanks!

GaryLeung
Level 3

Thanks for the links but it doesn't resolve the issue. No virtualization in our environment and the backup job for transaction logs are already in place. I just want to know why it's telling me logs for 4 databases are not being performed when they're checked off under the selection list and the log backup completes with no errors.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is your media server fully patched?

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you check on those SQL databases when the last backup took place? Is this info the same as BE info on last backup.

Do you have another backup tool touching those servers?

You do have an incremental job set to transaction logs ?

FYI: I can not see the screenshot somehow so sorry if I ask things from the screenshot

GaryLeung
Level 3

Okay, I ran another log backup before I left the office and the following SQL DB backup completed without the exception so we're good. Thanks.