cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trust Relationship Error

Ben_Blackmore1
Level 4

Hi,

Trying to move our backup jobs from our old BE 12.5 server, onto our new BE 2010 R3 server. I'm currently moving our mail cluster across, but the backup keeps failing with error message:

Final error: 0xe0009b86 - Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent because a trust relationship was not established between the remote agent and the media server.  To establish a trust relationship, add the remote agent to the Favorite Resources in the backup selections tree.
Final error category: Security Errors

I have upgraded the remote agent from v12.5 to v2010, and performed all of the steps in the BE documentation to add the server to the Favorite Resources selection list, however the backup is still failing. I have checked the agents published name, and the security hash, which all seem correct.

As I have upgraded the agent from v12.5 to v2010, I now can't perform the backup with the old server either, as that errors, so I need to get this working asap!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Blackmore1
Level 4

Have now resolved this. Although I had installed the BE 2010 agent on both nodes in the cluster, only the active node had the trust relationship. It appears the passive node was also being connected to and this is what was causing the error. After adding the passive node to the trsted servers list, the backup was successful.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ben_Blackmore1
Level 4

Have now resolved this. Although I had installed the BE 2010 agent on both nodes in the cluster, only the active node had the trust relationship. It appears the passive node was also being connected to and this is what was causing the error. After adding the passive node to the trsted servers list, the backup was successful.