cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find flagged mailbox

Phillip_Goode
Level 2
I am trying to find the Microsoft Exchange (2003) Mailbox that is being flagged as "Database or Database element is corrupt" Error code: 0xa000fe2d I made the registry change to not Fail the backup due to corrupt files.

The name for the mailbox given in the log file is a 48 digit hex string with no other characters. I am unable to relate the displayed mailbox name with an actual mailbox. None of the Exchange integrity checks report any problems, so I am wondering what criteria BE is using to flag the mailbox and where is it deriving the name from. It would appear to me to be an internal ID for the mailbox, but is it from Microsoft Exchange or Veritas Backup Exec?

Any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please refer to the follwing technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261457

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Phillip_Goode
Level 2
Thanks for your response. In my original message I stated that I already made the registry change explained in the article you referenced..

I would still like to know where the Mailbox ID is coming from and why Veritas BackupExec flags the mailbox as bad with no real explanation. I find it odd that the recommended "fix" is to make a registry change to effectively ignore an error/warning message.

It may be a mute point now, because may attempts to repair the problem of Jobs not being displayed in Job Setup and Scheduled Jobs has since rendered BE incapable of running a backup and unable to deal with catalogs. Jobs had been running eventhough you could not see them, but if I needed to resubmit the job due to errors I'm SOOL. (Sh-- Out Of Luck).

I am try to fix 9.1 with SP4, but am installing 10 on another media server. I would still like to use v9.1 in the interim.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Phillip,

Does the issue with the error 'corrupt file' persist? Regarding your problem with the jobs disappearing from job schedule, we suggest you to post another thread so that the different problem will be handled in it.

Regarding the Exchange mailbox backup issue, try stopping the anti virus scan and check if the error persists. Also from tools-options-backup, check if the tab 'enable single instance for backup' is enabled, if yes, disable that and then verify the results.

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Phillip_Goode
Level 2
I do have single instance turned on during backups. I'll modify tonights backup to see if it makes a difference and report back here. Even if it does fix the problem, it does not explain why the mailbox is logged as the hex string.

I opened a support issue on the disappearing jobs. I sent the database file in, they forwarded it to someone in Austraila and they fixed the problem. Other threads report the same problem; I'll tag my experiences on to those.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update.

Please update us after running the job.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh