cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to restore Win2k WKS not working

Nick_Luna
Level 2
I am trying to restore a win2k WKS. I have reinstalled win2k and installed the remote agent. made my selections of what to restore system state, c drive etc. told it to overwrite files. preserve tree, preserve security. I done this several times. I also did not attach to domain. I also have attached to domain. It goes thru and says it is successfull. Every time I restart the wks it gives a error saying their is a problem with the hardware config.

I am stuck at this point and need some guidance. Dont know where to go from here. I have tried several different backups that were good as well.

Any suggestions

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-- Please clarify on win2k WKS,as you have mentioned..

-- What is the exact error message ?

-- Are there soem Hardware changes before restoring ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Nick_Luna
Level 2
Thanks for the help.

The Windows 2000 Workstation is running SP4.

Their has been no hardware changes other than replacing the hard drive.

The system crashed and I am trying to do a full system restore from the tape.

Backups were done using the remote agent. The service is installed 1st before I try the restore. It was installed for the backups. The backup logs show it was a successfull backup.

When I do the restore it says it performed with no problems. Just to reboot to make changes.

This time I installed Windows to a Test folder to try to make it restore the registry settings etc.

The Exact error message is as follows on the Windows 2000 Workstation after restoring and rebooting for the 1st time.

"Windows 2000 Could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the windows 2000 documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information."

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Was there perhaps a utility partition on the old drive, and the new one has only the C: partition:?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please could you provide an update on this

Thanks