Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Scenario - Backup Exec 11d

Khaos
Level 4
Hi again,

just a simple question this time.....

We have a WAN network over VPN using 1 main server as the hub and 4 secondary servers connecting and using DFS.

We have installed backup exec 11d and remote agent and also exchange agent but would want to bring the exchange agents to start working on the other 4 secondary servers. Our exchange is split up to the users only based at the servers locations hence we cant use the exchange agent on the main server as it only backs up local inbox's

i want to know - do we just need to order 4 more backup exec 11d exchange agent licenses or do we need to insall something else such as CPS or any of the previous symantec backup exec 11d agents to get our exchange working at the other server sites

All help welcome.....or i might just call symantec and ask them as we are looking to do this asap

All the best

keri
3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
So each of your 5 servers is an Exchange server? If so, I think you'll need four more Exchange agent licenses. I can't think of a good way of doing it any better.

Khaos
Level 4
thats all im interested in....backing up the exchange servers data (not files etc just the emails) So with my current package of symantec CPS and exchange for one server i just need 4 more exchange agent licenses am i right?....i dont need any other licenses for the installs???

All the best

Keri

IT-Mgr-MA
Level 3
Could he technically use the local backup that is built-in to the 2003 server and backup the mailboxes to a folder bkf file then back that up over the wan with the regular file client?

Just checking... I know its not ideal but it technically is the poor mans version right?