cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Cancel Backup

BTydings
Level 2
I've read several threads regarding the cancelation message being displayed, yet the process still running, however this is slightly different.  When attempting to stop a backup that has been running, currently, for 157 hours, nothing occurs.  I right click on the job, select Cancel, and yet nothing happens.  I'm running Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers, Rev. 2213.  Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

BTydings
Level 2
There is another very large and time consuming backup currnetly running.  I don't want to cancel the Backup Exec service to cancel the other backup.  Again, your help is appreciated.

chicojrman
Level 6
Click on alerts and close them that may help you. Also if your job is taking that long check into some new tapes, clean the drive, ensure tape device has veritas drivers. And update your version hotfixes and patches as well as your OS. Is this backup to tape? Are you using AOFO?

Philip_D
Level 5
Has restarting the services helped?  

For example:

Job won't cancel > Restart service > Job is cancelled, but will it run/cancel properly now?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
What I do is cancel all the process, while the services are restarting. Some job cancellations can take a while, but one that takes hours has a definite problem, so a service restart, coupled with cancelling the process in Task Manager should do the trick.

BTydings
Level 2
I've initiated a cancel for the job, which I did about 4 hours ago.  The status has updated, however it still hasn't canceled yet.  I don't want to kill the services because I have another backup running currently, and time won't permit for me to rerun it.  I did stop the services on the server that the job was currently running against, which I thought would fail the job, however nothing has changed yet at this time.

To answer a few previous questions: this is a backup to disk job, and AOFO is enabled.