cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Unable to enable client dedupe to particular server

Yan_Thung_Seng
Level 4

Dear all,

I am running out of my brain juice and wish to gain some help from the community. We just upgraded one of the WAN link to 10Mb and wishes to do off-site backup from one of our remote office. There is no firewall in between, both media server and the remote server are able to ping each other via short and long name. I have upgraded agent of the remote server, as well as configured remote dedupe option at the media server. Both servers were rebooted after the proccess. After reboot, I reliase the dedupe feature is not created successfully. I have tested it with many way but no luck. 

The media server is BE 2010 R2, currently backing up 3 remote servers at different sites. The creation is smooth for the previous servers. The only different is the remote server at the new site does not at the same domain as the media server instead, it belongs to child domain of the domain where media server belongs to (same forest, different domain).  BE service account are granted with full admistrative right of the remote server.

I really need to get it to work, please enlighten me if I have overlook at any area.

thanks

0 REPLIES 0