cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get verifies to run.

michael_t_ander
Level 3

Running BackupExec 10d, on W2K3 Std and R2 systems and cannot get verifys to run correctly.  Getting the following error when I try to verify tapes to meet SOX requirements at multiple remote sites:

"Verify 00004 -- The job failed with the following error: A query for media on which the data set being read is continued was unsuccessful. Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged."

I have verified the registry settings to be correct and even tried replacing the catalogues on one of the systems without success. 

RSM is disabled, I am able to restores, the backup jobs are completing successfully, the backups are not spanning volumes, no hardware issues noted, I have stopped and started the services.

When I ran a test backup with the verify function enabled it verified successfully, but running a seperate verify job was still not successful.

Not finding much more information on the website and would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

I had this problem earlier in the year, but it corrected with a stop and start of the services and making sure that rsm was disabled.

I have stopped and started the services and am in the process of retrying the verify operation. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

have you tried a catalog index rebuild?   see http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35390

if that doesn't help, you use the following work-around

stop all BE services and rename the \catalogs folder to \catalogs.sav

Restart  the services (the \catalogs folder should be recreated

inventory and then catalog one of the old tapes  

Be sure to get back to the old catalog folder before your next production run

michael_t_ander
Level 3

Thanks Ken, I will give that a shot on Monday, I want to make sure the system's owner is okay with me trying this on their production system.

Mike