cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install BE 2010 R3- Error 1619

Noony
Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to install Backup exec on a 2003 R2 VM hosted on ESX. I am running the 32bit installer but I get the following error message.

• the.net installer returned 1619
  • Error installation failed wit error 1619.

I am mouting the .iso virually. I have also tested the .iso and it works fine on another phisical XP pro machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Noony
Level 4

Created new server from templte. Now it installs.

Very strange.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Your first issue is running BE 2010 R3 on a VM...there are very strict requirements for this if you're going to be backing up to a tape drive, so read the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130609

That said, if it works from another workstation and you don't want to redownload either the full ISO or the multi-part, then mount it on the other server and share the virtual drive. Install from there. If it still doesn't install, then disable any running AV and try again!

Thanks! 

Noony
Level 4

Thanks.

I have this running on two other VM's which have been created from the same template and process. Correct adapter, scsi device and media changer recognised by server ect.

Disabling the AV did not help.

CraigV

...generally I've had good results when using an ISO mounting application, so if it works on another server/workstation, mount it there and share. Then run the installation accordingly.

Noony
Level 4

Tried with demon tools and Alcohol 120% both have the same error.

CraigV

...then share it from another server and install from there...

Noony
Level 4

Tried that same error.

Noony
Level 4

Created new server from templte. Now it installs.

Very strange.