Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open the user interface

Mike_mcbean
Not applicable
I am unable to open the user interface in backup exec 10.0

Running windows 2003 sp1
Recent hotfix:Event Type:Windows Server 2003 Hotfix KB914783 was installed.

When I attemt to open backup exec I get a blank error box with no information.
Any suggestions??
3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Biggs
Not applicable
I was having the same problems and found that IE7 (another admin installed) was blocking it. I uninstalled it and I can see the user interface now.

Hope that helps.
Phil

Bin_Fang_2
Level 4
If you suspect the hotfix KB914783 is causing the issue, just uninstall it and see if you can get your user interface back.

Robert_Kuhn
Level 4
> I was having the same problems and found that IE7
> (another admin installed) was blocking it. I
> uninstalled it and I can see the user interface now.
>
> Hope that helps.
> Phil

I just recently started to experience this on my media server which has had MSIE 7.0 on there since it was released by Microsoft.

I noticed that SP3 for BE 10.1d was recently released and so I was hoping that installing it would help but it did not. I don't have this problem on my other machines where just the console is installed (i.e. my laptop).

Pretty bad when you can't even run the admin console (user interface) on the media server to manage the jobs and media sets.

My work around on the media server it so use the web admin console.

Nothing on my media server has changed except for the installation of SP3 for BE 10.1d.

Searching through the forum I saw a mention about ensuring that a port is not blocked on the MS Firewall; this is not an issue since the MS Firewall is not running on my media server (and it never has been). There is also no other firewall software on it.