cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select files to backup

Tony_Ferrer
Level 2
I have installed the server and the clients. When trying to backup, I cannot select the files because the check box is greated out. What a terrible product.
10 REPLIES 10

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When yo installed the Remote Agents, did you push from the Media Server or do local installs?

If you check your serials, do you see the serials for Remote Agents listed?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

You need to install Remote Agent on all remote servers to back them up. This is a paid option. Also you need to install the Remote Agent on workstations however you do not require a license to back up the remote workstations.

Please refer the following technote to install Remote Agent.

Title:
How to do a manual / silent install of the Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) if the push install does not succeed
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dave_Spalla
Not applicable
Hello,

My understanding is that the remote agent is NOT required, it does optimize the backup.

I have version 9 of the software and a remote agent is not required. I now have version 10, and all servers are shown as grayed out.

Edward_Charles
Level 6
The remote agents are required in 8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 10.0 in order to select any folders and or drives from the remote system. Don't select the shares that do show up. Push out a remote agent and when you have the right premissions you'll see you can select anything from that system on your selection list.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You are correct for workstation OS machines

For ServerOS machines, you must enter a RemoteAgent Serial.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Dave,

Could you elaborate on the configuration and the operating system installed on the server you are backing up?Also the application installed there that you wish to backup

The license and agent installed or required will depend on all these factors.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Tony_Ferrer
Level 2
I pushed the installation from the server the first time. Then, I installed the client from the CD and still did not solved the problem.

Tony_Ferrer
Level 2
I pushed the installation from the server the first time. Then, I installed the client from the CD and still did not solve the problem.

Michael_Gruber_
Level 2
Hello Tony

Are you able to select files locally on the server ?
I'm currently having this problem
Or do you "only" have the problem to access remote computer volumes

Michael

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if the Remote Agent installation was successful ? If so then have you rebooted the system once ? Is the Remote Agent service is running under local system account ?

Kindly revert.

Rgards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.