cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Unable to use Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 BackUp or use 'Resource Discovery' Feature

cpatte7372
Level 4
Hello Experts,

As the title mentions, I have a problem using symantec Backup Exec 12.5 to backup servers or perform the 'Resource Discovery' feature.

I believe the problem resolves around backup exec not recognising that the 'Backup Exec Remote Agent' is installed on the servers that have been imported in 'Active Directory Domains'

The setup is as follows:

I have two 'Active Directory Domains'

Domain #1 is the domain that the Media server resides in called KEYLOOP.COM
Domain #2 is the domain that I have full two-way trusts with called KEYLOOOP.LOCAL

The domain controller for #1 is keyloop-017982A
The domain controller for #2 is keylooop-4d20e4.

I have noticed that when the DC's are imported into each domain they are imported without the 'Backup Remote Agent' installed, even though they are actually installed - even when i try a to install the remote agent remotely I get the message that the remote agent is installed - so I know the agent is installed. However, the properties state that the agent isn't installed.

I believe this is the reason I'm unable to Back up the server or implement the 'Resource Discovery' feature in Backup Exec 12.5.

Can you please help. Its driving me crazy.

BTW, I'm running windows 2003

Cheers

Carlton
P.S. I have tried many times to paste screen snap shots of the failure messages but it always fail. Sorry
0 REPLIES 0