cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeletable job running wild

Joerg_Detlefs
Level 2
I try to delete a job created by an policy but the row named "Policy" in the job overview doesn't shows the policy name anymore. Therefore I couldn't delete the job!

Action "Delete Jobs Created By Policy..." always replied "Unable to delete jobs. There are no selection lists accociated with this policy." but of course there is a selection list with that name!

I've guessed that the problem was the selection list name because it containted german umlauts. But renaming of list name doesn't help either.

Reorganisation of database doesn't help. What next??
8 REPLIES 8

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
Getting rid of those jobs would require manually deleting them from the database. There aren't any external documents on how to do that... you'd need to call into support.

Russ

Joerg_Detlefs
Level 2
> Getting rid of those jobs would require manually
> deleting them from the database.

Any ideas or suggestions how I can do that?

Joerg

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
You could try using enterprise manager to connect to the backup exec database and edit the entries.
But I would recommend you take a backup of the database, prior to deleting anything in the database.

Darren_Olson
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. I have a job that cannot be deleted because it was created with a policy, but the policy is no longer there. What would all have to be deleted in the database to remove this job?

Mark_Cocksey
Level 3
I have same problem and it appears to have been going on for around a year (by logs on these forums!)

This is getting silly now, come on Symantec...FIX IT!

Mark_Cocksey
Level 3
You could try using enterprise manager to connect to the backup exec database and edit the entries.
But I would recommend you take a backup of the database, prior to deleting anything in the database.

Is that Symantec's formal solution...DIY! Well, Ive looked at the DB and I aint about to start deleting stuff from that without knowing the References and Constraints involved...maybe someone from Symantec would like to mess my DB up for me?

NOTE: If I don't receive reply in 1 business day, I will be majorly upset :)

Bj_rn_Halstad
Level 4
Employee
Hi,

What Russ posted on the 8th of Dec last year is correct.
This is described in http://support.veritas.com/docs/284077
You will need to call support to get this cleared up so you can get rid of the "orphaned" jobs and create new ones from the policy.
When you call in you must refer to the technote above.

Best regards,

Robert_Main
Level 3
I printed out the 284077 document, but I am using 11d, and Enterprise Manager does not work with this version of the database. How can I delete the job manually from the database now? I did rename the bad/old job so I could create a new policy to cover what that job did, but still need to delete it.