cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Application Error - Unable to Insert Policy

DASFTP
Level 4

Hello,

I have a new server with a fresh install of BE 2014 as the media server on a Windows 2012R2 OS . I added a few servers to backup and when I try and do a Disk to Tape backup or a duplicate to tape backup I receive the error message "Server Application Error-Unable to Insert Policy".

Symantec Tech support tried running a repair in control panel but problem still exist.  I did not migrate any jobs from my BE2010 jobs. Just basically doing some testing on BE2014.  This issue exist before I promoted the server to Central Administror Server.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? Is it common? Should I just uninstall and reinstall BE2014 as we have a second test server that we are not seeing this issue on.  I read some article on BE2012 that had this problem with bad encryption keys but this did not resolve my issue.

Thanks for any help or clarification,

DAS

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does deleting and recreating the backup job help ?

Lastly, as just testing, try using a blank DB as well using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23769

View solution in original post

DASFTP
Level 4

Hello VJware,

Well I dumped the database and the error message is gone.  Now just need to recreate everything.  Since this is a new server, we are not going to lose data but it is troubling why this occurred and how to prevent it in the future as I prefer not to have to create the 150 jobs and all the other items.

I appreciate your help in resolving the problem. I wish I would have done this a week ago as I expected starting from scratch was going to be the solution.

Thanks,

Dave

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Hi DASFTP,

Please DM me your support case number so I can get more information.

Thanks,

Lenora

DASFTP
Level 4

Symantec Technical Support Case Number: 07575297

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does deleting and recreating the backup job help ?

Lastly, as just testing, try using a blank DB as well using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23769

DASFTP
Level 4

Hello VJware,

Well I dumped the database and the error message is gone.  Now just need to recreate everything.  Since this is a new server, we are not going to lose data but it is troubling why this occurred and how to prevent it in the future as I prefer not to have to create the 150 jobs and all the other items.

I appreciate your help in resolving the problem. I wish I would have done this a week ago as I expected starting from scratch was going to be the solution.

Thanks,

Dave