cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix Agent Crashes

Frank_Kahle
Not applicable
The failure occurs randomly, I can make it occur more frequently the harder I push it (IE have 4 jobs running simultaneously). We are running HP servers running the following Red Hat Enterprise Linux:

Linux otlnx001 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 13:32:18 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

As far as error messages there are none, other than the host is no longer reachable and there is a file like this in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory:

-rw------- 1 root root 131489792 Feb 22 13:45 core.8709

I can restart the server agent by running ? /etc/rc.d/init.d/VRTSralus.init start again.

Frank Kahle

P.S. we are currently evaluating Backup Exec to replace our current backup systems.

I have now tried the Agent on a second HP Red hat machine and was able to get the same results
1 REPLY 1

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Frank,

I need to verify that you are running the 64bit version of the RALUS agent. I want to make sure you haven't installed the 32bit version. Would you be able to uninstall RALUS from the system using the steps in the Admin Guide on page 952. Once completely uninstalled, copy the RALUS64 directory from the RALUS iso you downloaded from our website. If you did it from CD, copy it from there instead. Then go through the same steps you did for installing it before, and run your backups.

Let me know if you still experience the same issue.

Thanks.