cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown database error 12

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
I got this error "after" verify was done. the backup was complete, no errors but the verify had errors. I run 9.1 (latest) and NW6.5 SP3. never seen this error before last weekend. it happened on a full backup that runs every friday night.

Job completed: With ERROR - Unknown Database Error 12
5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6
Brian,
This same error was discussed in the "VERITAS Technical Services Peer to Peer News Groups"
Items in veritas.backupexec.netware.english

Here is a link to the discussions:
http://news.support.veritas.com/dnewsweb.exe?utag=&group=veritas.backupexec.netware.english&xrelated=13203&cmd_related=Related+Items

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
yeah I read that after I posted. but we have had virus scan running in the past and never had a problem. the only change I have made in the past 6 months is add a new netware box to the backup job. plus they never came back and said yah or nah. if it was virus scan then it should error on backup, not on verify. would't you think? we run mcafee not norton, actually, no, on the backup box I do not run virus scan, but we run it on the boxes I backup. so the answer would be no :)

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
Well, I am still receiving this. but just in the last 2 weeks only. it seems to be hit and miss. This time it was before verify, the backup was successful but no verfiy cause of error.

nobody has any other ideas?

criley
Employee Accredited
Well, this error is usually caused by anti-virus software that is scanning the bkupexec folder on the media server but you say that you don't have any running...

If that's the case then you may need to re-create the JOBDATA folder which is a pain because you will then need to re-create your scheduled jobs, policies etc.

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
well if that is the step that needs taken than so be it. yes it will be a pain but, who knows, it maybe worth it. I will see if I get it this weekend as well than when I update to 9.2 I will start fresh.

Thanks Chris