cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Robotic

cdelberghe
Level 2
Hello,

I have a problème with HP 1x8 G2 Autoloader. It work fine, all backup work fine (some error about some files) but it work.
Now on every Monday, we need to change the left magazin. I have a task as to unlock magasin. With de BackupExec 12 it work fine. since i install SP3 it impossible to unlock the magazin, and i have
Erreurs du travail
Erreur : e00081d9 - Le service système du moteur de travail Backup Exec ne répond pas.

I have make test : http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255501.htm

Please Help
4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After you installed SP3, did you re-install the Symantec device drivers?  If not, go to Tools ---> Wizards ---> Device Configuration Wizard and re-install the drivers.

After you have re-install the drivers,

1) delete the autoloader from BE

2) power down both the media server and the autoloader

3) power up the autoloader

4) power up the media server

5) check that the media server's device manager can see the autoloader

6) check that BE can see the autoloader.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Backup Exec 12.5 has always done that. it isn't an issue with SP3. I had that after installing BEWS 12.5 without any SPs. It simply continued with the service pack installations.
BEWS 12.5 maintains a hold on the robotics of the autoloader, and the only way I got around it was by unlocking the drive all the time.

Laters!

cdelberghe
Level 2
@pkh
I try delete autoloader from BE, but it don't work. But don't after to power down the library and server.
how i see do the media server's before start BE ?

@CraigV
I know that BEWS maintains the robotic, but the problem is BE can't unlock the device. If i wan to unlock, i found one solution (but it not normaly) stop all BEWS service, change cariige, and start all BEWS service

If you have a another idea, tell me please
Thanks, i try next week to power down library

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It is no point deleting the autoloader from BE without restart both the autoloader and the server.

To see whether the autoloader is properly recognised by the media server, you should go to the device manager after you have restarted the autoloader and the server.  The library should be listed under Medium Changer as an Unknown Medium Changer and its device driver should be Microsoft's.  The tape drive should be listed under tape drives with a proper name, e.g. Hewlett Parkard Ultrium LTO4 tape and its device driver should be Symantec's.