Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to BE2010R2 fails

Wilfried
Level 4
Hello to all!
I try to update our BE2010 (13.0 Rev. 2896) installation to R2
The problem is the update to SQL Express 2005 SP3. When i start SQLEXPR32_DEU.exe and follow the wizard i get the error:
<<Unexprected error. Errorcode 2259. Database:''. Error while update the table>>
<<Unerwarteter Fehler beim Installationsprogramm. Fehlercode: 2259. Datenbank: ''. Fehler bei Tabellenupdate>>

Does anybody know what can i do in this case?
I try a manual installation like http://support.veritas.com/docs/313371. But it doesn´t work.
Same situation with http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/327649.htm.

Any ideas?
thanks a lot for answers!
Best regards

Wilfried
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wilfried
Level 4
Hi to all!
The problem is solved.
Amol refer to the document 346822 . I tested all settings (permissions, clearing folders, ...) as single step in virtual enviroment. when i set the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Setup\Resume to 0 the installation runs without any problems. The sql express update works fine and the error message with the resdll_de.dll didn´t popup.

Server is updated to Version 13.0 4164

Thanks a lot to all for helping
best regards
Wilfried

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Why do you want to install the SQL Express seperately?  You should just run the BE 2010 R2 installer and it will install everything that it needs.

Wilfried
Level 4
Hello!

Thanks for answer.
When i run browser.exe from the symantec-ISO, one step (SQL-Express-Setup) ask me to select the file SQLEXPR32_DEU.exe. I downloaded the file, select it in the dialog but finaly the Installstep "Microsoft SQL Express" fails (see Pic).

Next i try to install the Update manual. The result is on the top of this thread ... :(

thank you for helping
best regards
wilfried

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not sure if it is the same error I got when I upgraded from BE 12.5 to BE 2010, but in my case, I re-booted my media server and then re-start the BE 2010 install.  It then went through correctly.  Why don't you give it a try?

Wilfried
Level 4
Hi!

Thank you for answer.
Same result. :(

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Please post bkupinst.htm file.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...and have you tried to install SQL manually before upgrading? Check to make sure that an antivirus isn't running...I have seen McAfee block the SQL upgrade myself. Only problem is that it also trashed my BE DB during the process.
If you have an AV running, stop the services during your upgrade...it might help!

Wilfried
Level 4
Hello CraigV!
Thanks for this tips. I already try to install SQL-SP3 manually (see top of this thread). And who is McAfee ;) ... we use symantec endpoint protection (the one and only ;) ) Version 10.0.6.6005.562

I attach the bkupinst.htm (as zip)
thanks a lot for helping
best regards
wilfried

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Mmm...what happens when you stop the SEP services?

Wilfried
Level 4

Hi!
I stop all services with the bestop.bat job from be-directory. But the result is the same .... :( (see attach)
thank you for helping
best regards
Wilfried

Wilfried
Level 4

I start the Update wizzard after the last fail once more. And in this case, the wizzard didn´t ask me for the sql-update file and write "installation successful" (see Pic 1). But i got a new error message ... (see Pic 2).
I don´t know why the result are different ... any ideas?

The specific file exists in the folder backup exec. But without the UID-path.

Best regards
Wlfried

Wilfried
Level 4

When i click OK in the error-installation message, the setup continue, butt rollback 10 minutes later ...

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Does the id that you used to do the installation have full administrator rights to the media server?

Wilfried
Level 4
Hello pkh
thanks for answer.
i try the installation with my domain-admin account and local admin account. in both case is the same result

best regards
Wilfried

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How about deleting the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec and then re-try the install again.

Wilfried
Level 4
Hello!

Thank you for answer. I cleared the directory and restarted the server. then i start the installation. the result is the same crying

The bkupinst.htm log show (see attachment)
Thanks a lot for helping (i´m despair ...)

best regards
Wilfried

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello

For error 1627 refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/346822

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
so I've set the support flag for this thread

A Symantec Tech should pop in soon

Wilfried
Level 4
Hello Ken!
Thanks a lot
best regards
Wilfried

Wilfried
Level 4
Hi to all!
The problem is solved.
Amol refer to the document 346822 . I tested all settings (permissions, clearing folders, ...) as single step in virtual enviroment. when i set the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Setup\Resume to 0 the installation runs without any problems. The sql express update works fine and the error message with the resdll_de.dll didn´t popup.

Server is updated to Version 13.0 4164

Thanks a lot to all for helping
best regards
Wilfried