cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade error

OlsP
Level 4

Hi

I am trying to upgrade from BackupExec 2012R2 to 2014, but the install errors out on SQL Express.

I have done 4 servers with no issues, but this one doesnt want to upgrade. I have run all the live updates to ensure it is at the latest version, but still no joy.

the error i get:

06-27-2014,17:30:00 : "D:\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec\2014\Backup_Exec_2014\Backup_Exec_2014\BE\WINNT\INSTALL\SQLExpress\SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe" /ACTION=Upgrade /Q /Hideconsole /SkipRules=RebootRequiredCheck /INSTANCENAME=BKUPEXEC /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS
+ 06-27-2014,17:33:27 : V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error -2067922409. ***To search for information about this error, click here
+ 06-27-2014,17:33:27 : Please review C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Olly
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check below article.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2014-sql-express-upgrade-failure-v-225-53-error-failed-install-sql-express-bkupex

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB

Check below article.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2014-sql-express-upgrade-failure-v-225-53-error-failed-install-sql-express-bkupex

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if that doesn't work, make sure all the BE services are stopped, and stop/disable any AV installed on the media server before doing so.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

Would you pls post the BE install log and the SQL install log as well.

OlsP
Level 4

I had to reset the SID on the SQLgroup in the registry.

Not sure why the SID was incorrect, as 2012R2 was only installed 4 months ago.

Oh well all working now

thanks for all your help

Olly