cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 10.1 and still can't push the agents.

John_Warren_2
Level 2
It's been almost a year and a half and Symantec still will not fix the Windows XP SP2 agent install so we can push to the workstation.

The 1st QUESTION: IS THERE ANY WAY TO WORK AROUND THIS?

The 2nd QUESTION: WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?

What is wrong with Symantec? Other companies can do push install but it seems that Symantec either does not know how to fix it or does not care and will not fix it. When I ask this question over a year ago the answer all I got was a "We don't care" answer.

The 3rd QUESTION: WILL IS EVER BE FIXED?

In version 10 Symantec went so far as to make an msi install file but did not follow the Microsoft standards so it could be installed using policies as other software can.

The 4th QUESTION: WHY DOSEN'T THE MSI FILES WORK WORK WITH POLICIES?

So here we are well over a year later and we still have to run around to each and every workstation and do a manual install.

Symantec, please take one of your "Programmers" off new features and assign them the task of fixing this problem. I for one can stand for a delay of some fancy new feature if I can get push installs back. Make your customers happy and do the right think and fix this problem!
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hope this technote answers your query:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/270144.htm

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.