cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 2014 from 2012 ... Stuck in TRIAL mode

Bob_Moodytx
Level 3

I'm not exactly sure what I have done but here is the story.

We were running BE 2012. Our contract(s) were due to expire 10/06/14.

I received our new contract for the 2014 server (contained the .slf and serial #) and decided to go ahead and upgrade from 2012 to 2014

Since the new contract didnt start 10/7/14, when I did the update it came in Trail Mode. Okay .. thats fine .. it should okay come 10/7.

Its 10/7 and I am still in Trial Mode.

When I opened BE2014 it now shows the "Maintenance" licenses for all the products (server and addons).

If I try to Install the licenses it tells me I have installed the Maintenance, do i want to install the Product License ... (oops..??) If I try to use the .slf files it tells me they are already registered.

So, I have BE2014 running in Trial Mode with Maintence licenses applied that will expire in 54 days ..

How do I go about getting the Product license and if this was an upgrade, why wouldnt it have brought the 2012 license in and upraded when 2014 information was added (other than I have managed to screw it up... ) ..

Appreciate any advice and assistance..

Bob Moody

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Bob,

Contact the licensing department and request a new *.slf file. Once received, import it and check to make sure it shows the correct license mode.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Bob_Moodytx
Level 3

Just got the phone with Support and the License team ...

Here was the issue.

I never received the Version Upgrade Notification (not say the company didnt .. I didnt... )

So I didnt have the new PRODUCT serial numbers and what I had been working off of were the MAINENANCE serial numbers ...

Symantec got me the correct SLF files for the product and everything licensed and current.

Thank you all to the quick replies.

I appreciate the support.

Bob Moody

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi Bob,

Contact the licensing department and request a new *.slf file. Once received, import it and check to make sure it shows the correct license mode.

Thanks!

Bob_Moodytx
Level 3

Received a new SLF file.

Now I get an error message that tells me:

"An invalid Symantec License File (SLF) has been entered. If this serial number belongs to a previous version of a backupp Exec agent or option, it cannot be used with the version of Backup Exec that is currently installed. Verify that the SLF is a valid Backup Exec 2014 license file and try again".

This is after I regestered the Serial Numbers....

Bob

CraigV

...is this *.slf for the correct version?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You probably got the .slf files for BE 2012. You need to inform the Symantec Licencing department to give you the .slf files for BE 2014. Alternatively you can logon to my.Symantec.com, upgrade your BE version and generate the BE 2014 .slf files yourself

Bob_Moodytx
Level 3

I was assuming it was ...

I received a document from Symantec showing all the server and for Agent addons.

Each has a Serial Number associated with it. Utilizing that serial number, I registered the product license and it gave me the SLF file and a link to download the software.

I used the software that I downloaded and the SLF's.

<key>
<name>BE_Support</name>
<version>14.1</version>

Software Installed is 14.1 Revision 1786

I'm sure there is an  ID-10T error in there somewhere ..

Bob

Bob_Moodytx
Level 3

Just got the phone with Support and the License team ...

Here was the issue.

I never received the Version Upgrade Notification (not say the company didnt .. I didnt... )

So I didnt have the new PRODUCT serial numbers and what I had been working off of were the MAINENANCE serial numbers ...

Symantec got me the correct SLF files for the product and everything licensed and current.

Thank you all to the quick replies.

I appreciate the support.

Bob Moody