cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to BE 12.5, Strange Error on *nix computers with no agents

Michael_Bonte
Not applicable

Hello,

We have a few older SNAP Servers in our environment that have some non-critical, but somewhat important data on them.  For years and throughout the versions of BackupExec, I have been backing up those files without an agent installed (since there is zero support for SNAP Server).  The jobs have always completed successfully with exceptions, of course, since no agent is found.

After upgrading to 12.5, I can no longer backup those resources, but the error I am getting is baffling to me.  The job fails with error coe E000E34C which is "Unable to back up the Distributed File System configuration. Ensure that all namespace member servers are online."

These SNAP servers have absolutely nothing to do with our DFS namespace.  I have recreated all the selection lists and job templates to no avail.  Internet and forums searching is fruitless.  

Does anyone here have any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 REPLY 1

SB-YPMG
Not applicable
 A little late here but I just spent the entire day on this with a support engineer. I had the same issue after upgrading from 11D to 12.5. 12.5 appears to work fine as long as every client is running the BE remote agent. I have a ReadyNAS server and there is no workaround at this time to fix the problem. 12.5 would not even backup shared folders on two Windows 2003 servers that were not a part of the domain (and therefore both servers lacked remote agents). They failed with the same error as the NAS device. After spending hours trying to downgrade to 12.0 while preserving settings, the engineer finally told me that we would have to uninstall everything and do a clean install of 12.0- that includes uninstalling all of the remote agents locally at their servers and then pushing them back out from the media server. Not a fun day.