Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent..Urgent... Restore

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

Dear All,

I am facing one problem with my BE 12.5.. My backup is working fine. But when i am trying to restore one file from tape it's not done. Restore is showing done sucessfully but bytes count is ZERO. When i am trying other one restore its also showiing same status. I tried backup on disk and then restore has done sucessfully with 100% accessable data in same size. But when i am trying with tape backup data its not done.. I am using robotic tape library ultra4 HP. Now why this all are happening file is too urgent by IT audit. Please Help..

Regard's

Ankit Gelda
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

Hi this issue is resolve.. backup was overwright due to overwright policy and retention policy was expired. We restore backup from previous month full backup tape.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1) Have you tried a small backup to tape and restoring that?

2) When you backup the data that you unsuccessfully tried to restore from tape, was it verified?

3) Have you tried to restore data from other tapes?

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Please run live update and patch the Backup Exec software, push out the remote agents and try restore.

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

Hi PKG,

I tried it with diff -diff tapes and i used new restore policy also.
I tried to restore small data only.
Before restoring i done inventory and catalog of tapes and tape was verified..

Now why its not happening i am not able to understand.. can u pls suggest

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
as you said it is working fine on disk and not working on tape, please update the drivers for the library and reboot the server as well as the library and try it again.

Also do you have any HP management installed if so please disable those services and try the backup and then the restore.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you try to restore the file, did  you redirect it to another location?  If not, in the General section of the restore job properties, how is the Restore existing files property set?

Try this.

1) Create a new directory and copy a test file into it.
2) Backup this directory
3) Delete it
4) Restore this directory from the tape.

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

Ok.. Ur saying to do backup n restore on the same location from where ur taking backup let me check it once.. i am giving u update..

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

I checked but the restoration is again showing the same problem.. its not showing bytecount even data also..

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Save the joblogs of your test backup and restore jobs as html files and post them.

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The joblogs posted do not have sufficient details.  Open the job logs in BE, click on the Save As button, save them as .mht files and repost them

Jack_Sperow
Level 5
Partner

Hi this issue is resolve.. backup was overwright due to overwright policy and retention policy was expired. We restore backup from previous month full backup tape.