Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to restore

create_share
Level 6

Hi!

Backup Exec 2010

My problem may be old but i am unable to find a solution to this.

"The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource."

I need to restore only one message for a user but getting error. I tried with other accounts but same problem.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If it is exchange restore then try the below steps:

If it is exchange restore then please make sure

that account that you are using should have 5 rights
1> account should be unique (first five character should be unique). If you have administrator account then admin is not unique
2> it should be unhidden from GAL
3>Should have active mailbox
4>SHould have exchange organization full rights
5>should be domain admin
Also make sure you have the sytem logon account under the network and logon account and make sure you have the correct password for the same.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If it is Exchange, the easiest way around this is to first stage your backups to disk. by default, the location for temporary staging of the Information Store is C:\Temp. if you don't have enough space, it is going to fail.
Staging to disk eliminates this, and it is a 2-stage process.
Read the article below which will help you...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

create_share
Level 6

Thanks! After changing the user account it worked.